Mobile SDK walkthrough
You can use the AffiniPay mobile SDK to embed payment screens into your mobile apps. Using these screens and an optional AffiniPay card reader or manual entry, your merchants can take credit card payments securely through your mobile apps.
The mobile SDK screens collect customer and payment details. Your backend server, which must already be connected to the AffiniPay Payment Platform, submits the charge.
Note: The only mobile SDK screen that’s required for your integration is the card entry screen, which allows the user to input credit or debit card information manually or using the AffiniPay card reader.
After you integrate the mobile SDK into your mobile app, it’s easy for your merchants to make a charge. Here’s the full charge workflow, using all mobile SDK screens:
1: Obtain and tokenize payment details
- Through the mobile SDK screens in your mobile app, the merchant:
- Enters an amount to be charged.
- Enters the cardholder’s details.
- Plugs the AffiniPay card reader into the mobile device and swipes or inserts the credit card. Alternately, the merchant can manually enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV.
- The mobile SDK submits the payment information to the AffiniPay Payment Gateway in exchange for a one-time payment token.
2: Submit the charge
The mobile app submits the one-time payment token, amount, and other payment-related information to your backend server.
Your backend server submits the charge to the AffiniPay Payment Gateway.
The AffiniPay Payment Gateway returns the charge ID to your backend server.
3: Finalize the charge
Your backend server returns the charge ID to your mobile app.
In your mobile app, the cardholder signs on the signature screen.
The mobile app submits the charge ID and the signature to your backend server.
Your backend server submits the charge ID and the signature to the AffiniPay Payment Gateway.
AffiniPay has sample backend and mobile apps that you can download and install to familiarize yourself with how this process works.