Best practices for AffiniPay partners
Use these best practices as you integrate with the AffiniPay Payment Platform.
Testing your integration
- Use the partner’s AffiniPay/LawPay/CPACharge account and its test bank accounts in place of a separate merchant account.
- Use your (DEV) partner OAuth application, created for you by AffiniPay.
- Use test card numbers and test bank accounts to make test payments.
- For payment integrations, turn off filtering for test bank accounts so you can run test charges.
- You can only go live after your integration demo has been approved by AffiniPay.
- The “Live Mode” bar at the top of the AffiniPay/LawPay/CPACharge web application is associated with your merchant account. If you don’t have a “real” merchant account (and haven’t gone through underwriting), you can ignore this bar. It has nothing to do with your partner account.
- Before you start taking real payments, create a new partner OAuth application in the AffiniPay/LawPay/CPACharge web application. The name of this partner OAuth application will display to merchants when they authorize your application to perform transactions on their behalf.
- Be sure the Connect button in your integration is associated with your new partner OAuth application.