Best practices for AffiniPay partners
Use these best practices as you integrate with the AffiniPay Payment Platform.
Testing your integration
- Use the partner’s AffiniPay, ClientPay, CPACharge, or LawPay account and its test bank accounts in place of a separate merchant account.
- Use your (DEV) partner OAuth application, created for you by AffiniPay.
- Use test card numbers and test bank accounts to make test payments.
- For payment integrations, turn off filtering for test bank accounts so you can run test charges.
- You can only go live after your integration demo has been approved by AffiniPay.
- The “Live Mode” bar at the top of the AffiniPay, ClientPay, CPACharge, or LawPay web application is associated with your merchant account. If you don’t have a “real” merchant account (and haven’t gone through underwriting), you can ignore this bar. It has nothing to do with your partner account.
- Before you start taking real payments, create a new partner OAuth application in the AffiniPay, ClientPay, CPACharge, or LawPay web application. The name of this partner OAuth application will display to merchants when they authorize your application to perform transactions on their behalf.
- Be sure the Connect button in your integration is associated with your new partner OAuth application.